SailNet Community - View Single Post - Partially filling a void
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013

jarcher is on a distinguished road
Re: Partially filling a void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
Aha.... the 'bottom' layer is the liner, then? Are you sure the deck side is not cored? If they've bolted through the deck and the liner to that's unfortunate.. as you say the parts compress.. usually the liner ends up cracking at some point, they are usually pretty thin.

If the deck is cored there (likely) I'd be very tempted to drill some nice clean 1" holes in the liner below at each throughbolt, rebolt the traveler with fender washers (to the deck proper), and then find some bungs (you can get plastic knockout plugs from an electrical supplier) to close the holes.. it won't look as clean, perhaps, but your traveler will thank you...
The liner, yes! The prior owner moved the traveler and put it here. I'm not sure where it was, although its in a good spot now.

I am sure there is no core there, I can see into the opening when the bolts are out. Your idea is a good one, that had not occurred to me, thanks. But it just seems like it would be more sturdy if I can fill that void.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook