Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Rep Power: 13
Re: Retirement Sailing
Your spending will expand to meet the available income, period.
Unless the sailor protests to the contrary.
To the OP's question, it all depends, there are so many variables.
Some questions that might help you figure it out ...
- Do you cook, or eat at restaurants ?
- Do you anchor out, or tie to the dock ?
- Do you sail, or run the diesel ?
- Do you entertain yourself, or go ashore for your entertainment ?
- Do you get along without air conditioning, or require it ?
- Do you get along with refrigeration, or require it ?
- Do you get your fresh water from shore, or make it on the boat ?
- Do you cook with free fuel such as wood, or purchase cooking fuel ?
- Do you catch fish and other seafood, or buy all of your food ?
- Do you get along without high speed Internet, or can't live without it ?
- Do you have a small boat, or a big one ?
- Do you live on a boat that requires little maintenance, or a lot ?
- Do you maintain your own boat, or pay someone to do it for you ?
- Do you sail in inexpensive areas, or pricey areas ?
- Do you store supplies, or buy what is convenient ?
- Do you use blankets as it starts to get cold, or require heating fuel ?
- Do you live with limited solar power, or often run a generator ?
- Etc ...
You said you don't want to live in poverty, what does that mean to you ?
What are you pretending not to know ?
Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.