SailNet Community - View Single Post - New in Narragansett Bay
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013

JIvories is on a distinguished road
Re: New in Narragansett Bay

Wow, many great suggestions already. Eldridges is a must. Sounds like the secret to the CC Canal is waiting for just current but good conditions where it meets Buzzard's. Depending on those, might be able to make it a one-night trip. But if we need two nights that could be fun. I really want to see Cuttyhunk, but have always wanted to moor in Westport harbor, and go to the Back Eddy in a dinghy.

Anyway, thanks! James: I'm on that reading list and charts. That'll help me get through the winter!

As for Providence being far from open water. Yes... I've been a little afraid that's the case. But there are some nice day sails around here (Prudence, Bristol, EG), and I don't think the commercial traffic is too bad, having sailed here. The idea of the Yacht Club being within walking distance of my house, being able to go work on the boat, or go for quick evening sail is nice. And a great group of people, events, club sailing etc.
So we'll see. Then again the open water & islands are on my mind, so yeah maybe we'll want to moor south of here the next year.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook