SailNet Community - View Single Post - BVI budget
Thread: BVI budget
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: BVI budget

We just got back from BVI today. A few comments:

We did mooring balls every night. They were all $30 - Trellis Bay, Bitter End, Marina Cay, Jost Grand Harbour/White Beach, Bight.

I agree that the Marina Cay showers were disgusting, and were out of order anyway. We did all our showers on the boat. With some conservation, the three of us made it through the whole week without topping off the water tanks. In future years, we'll try to make the run to Saba Rock at the midpoint so we can top off the water tanks.

We provisioned ourselves. We like to inspect our food before we buy. The checkout skipper was due at 0830 Saturday morning, so we walked from Sunsail to Riteway at 0700 and had plenty of time to walk back before 0830.

We also planned very carefully and had exactly the right amount for one meal every day on the boat. I suspect that people who order online may tend to overbuy.

We rented a phone to check on things at home, but did not buy data. We found free WiFi at almost every restaurant where we stopped, and a couple places had reception out to the mooring balls. That was good enough for us.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook