SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013
KNOT KNOWN

Capt.aaron is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfenzee View Post
"technically" my boat is composite
hull is strip plank (glued and top nailed) finished with figerglass on the outside.
Also fiberglass, by definition is "Glass reinforced plastic".
So actually, you have a boat that was wood, and is now made of rot held together with plastic. Just kidding, I'm sure it's a "kewl Boat" those things turn to worm Sh!t pretty quick in the warmer climates. My boat was made in 1965, I've beefed it up several times with west system epoxy inside and out and has a life span beyond my imagination as I don't think we know how long west system will hold it's integrity. That being said, if , and it seems you do, maintain your boat with the right stuff you should be able to travel far in her. I live and work ( half my life) on an old steel tug, the steel guy's think us "Plastic' or " frozen snot" boats are crazy to go to sea in them. I traveld far and wide for 4 years aboard a fero cement ship that had sailed to Antarctica, so, who know's, if it floats, and floats well, go out and float around on it I say.

Last edited by Capt.aaron; 01-13-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook