SailNet Community - View Single Post - For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: For a family of 4 - Islander 28 vs Catalina 30

That's what I'm afraid of, Alex - with Hurricane Sandy, we're starting to see some of the damaged boats coming on the market. It's the ones where the damage isn't as obvious, or even known by the owner, that scares me. I've been trying to focus on boats that are outside of Sandy's reach, or were for sale before the storm hit, which tells me that the sellers aren't "suddenly motivated" to sell.

On the plus side, it has allowed me to find a few more boats. I now have a lead on an Islander 30 and an S2 9.2. The Islander 30 is a bit farther from home than I'd like, and only has single lifelines (I'd prefer double) but otherwise looks to meet most of my requirements (the photos from the seller seem to show her in decent shape; now I just need to find time to get to see her). I haven't seen pictures of the S2 yet - hopefully they'll be coming later this week, and I may be able to see her in person on Saturday or Sunday.

I know y'all can't wait for my next update...
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook