View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Re: No Sea Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by willykunkle View Post
...This is my first boat purchase.

So here's my question, the seller, who is a private broker (the owner is in california), won't allow me to arrange with her a sea trial without making an offer on the boat first...Doesn't it seem natural that I would want to see how the boat sails before making an offer????
Yes. You can structure this transaction however you please. It is all negotiable. She is merely establishing the fact that she will be in control of the transaction and you will do as she pleases. It will not just end there, you will never regain the control that you should have as a buyer. She knows better than you that buying a boat is an emotional decision, so she expects you to throw reason out the window like most folks do.

Why let someone lead you around by the nose during one of the strongest buyer's market ever experienced?

Available boats are a dime a dozen now. Find another boat with a reasonable, motivated seller. Buy from a private seller who is not a broker. Don't allow anyone to tell you, "This is how we always do it."

Last edited by jameswilson29; 01-14-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook