SailNet Community - View Single Post - No Sea Trial
Thread: No Sea Trial
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Re: No Sea Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post

As a buyer, I passed up one boat I inspected with a broker who would not let me start the engine and another who was to busy to schedule me in. Others will treat you the way you allow them to. Stand up for yourself buyers.
I agree, one should stand up for oneself.
You passed on two boats because tow brokers didn't do their jobs. As a seller, if i knew that a broker didn't have time to show my boat to a prospect, and/or wouldn't demonstrate systems, i'd be finding a new broker.
On this, we agree.

But if you come into the process from an adversarial standpoint, questioning every step of the process, balking at standard terms, and essentially coming across as "anti-broker, I am in control, you can't tell me what to do, you're all over paid lazy crooks" a funny thing happens.
You get exactly what you want.
You no longer have to deal with brokers.
Because none will deal with you.

Just as a buyer may feel that he/she shouldn't have to put down a deposit, a broker is under no obligation to deal with a difficult and unpleasant prospects.
General rule of thumb- those who are grinding, controlling, arrogant, condescending a-holes while shopping remain grinding, controlling, arrogant, condescending a-holes after the deal is done. in fact, with these jerks the deal is often never completely done, because they keep coming back with one more demand, one more condition, one more threat, for months after they have taken possession.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook