SailNet Community - View Single Post - No Sea Trial
Thread: No Sea Trial
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: No Sea Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
You must be able to learn something from a sea trial. I have no problem compensating someone for their time if I request a sea trial. I would think $200 would be appropriate for an hour on the water. I would hope that would be enough to pre-qualify me.
That hour on the water is another hour drive to the boat, probably 30 mins to prep for castoff and then another hour to rinse down and button her back up. Then drive an hour home.

Keep your $200. I would only spend 4.5 hours of my life, if I had reason to believe you were a serious buyer. Its a huge part of a work day, which may cost more. Or too much of a weekend.

The game is supply and demand. If you will only buy a boat that allows a pre-offer sea-trial, then you've defined a substantially smaller supply. That's okay, if its okay with you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook