SailNet Community - View Single Post - No Sea Trial
Thread: No Sea Trial
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013

Ninefingers is on a distinguished road
Re: No Sea Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
That hour on the water is another hour drive to the boat, probably 30 mins to prep for castoff and then another hour to rinse down and button her back up. Then drive an hour home.

Keep your $200. I would only spend 4.5 hours of my life, if I had reason to believe you were a serious buyer. Its a huge part of a work day, which may cost more. Or too much of a weekend.

The game is supply and demand. If you will only buy a boat that allows a pre-offer sea-trial, then you've defined a substantially smaller supply. That's okay, if its okay with you.
I guess I was thinking more in lines of a private seller. Usually a time that is convenient to them can be arranged. Sort of a "let me know when your down at the boat next and I will make it work" sort of thing. What would be a reasonable amount for you to take me out on your boat?

Anyhow, I appreciate your opinions. Buying a boat is new to me. I have only owned fractions.

Edit again: You're boat is probably worth a fair chunk of change, and it's the size of a house, so I understand where you're coming from. I was thinking more in the line of an average 30 footer under private sale.

Last edited by Ninefingers; 01-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook