SailNet Community - View Single Post - Stay out of Georgia
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Stay out of Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma0 View Post
A good URL:

Public Notice | Coastal Resources Division, Georgia Department of Natural Resources

Florida is hostile, not only to live-aboards but to marina owners/operators. Probably down to greed. Those waterfront locations don't pay nearly as much in taxes as condo and housing developments with canals.

I almost forgot: Stay away from the Manatee County ICW. There are those there who lurk looking for opportunities to 'legally' loot passing boaters.
I found Manatee County a gorgeous and friendly place to cruise. Desoto and Emerson are incredibly dog friendly and people friendly. I will probably be there again this weekend and will certainly stop another time before heading out to the keys. When were you there? We are a VERY tight niche of cruisers here and I have not heard anything bad about it. The only exception is bring your dog ashore on Egmont, which is a big no-no.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook