SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 37 info?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013

BlueSkySailing is on a distinguished road
Re: Islander 37 info?

I just recently purchased a Bruce King designed Islander 37' in St. Petersburg, Florida and I'm getting ready to sail her to Mobile, Alabama next week and then to Houston in March. So far I'm extremely happy with the boat. In fact, I would say that I love this boat! She's really a good fit for me because I was looking for a Coastal Cruiser/Racer and the I-37 certainly fills the bill. The boat is very well built, sails well in medium high winds as well as very light air. I've met several people in the marina who sailed the boat with the previous owner and they have all said that she's one of the best sailing boats that they've been on. The fact that they told me this AFTER I bought the boat is a good testamonial to the way she handles! One of the drawbacks is that she's not quite as beamy as some other boats but is still very comfortable. I plan on living aboard although I'm a bachelor but the boat is roomy enough for two. Keep in mind that you have to decide what kind of boat you want and what fits your needs. If you're looking for a heavy displacement boat to cross oceans you probably wouldn't be happy with the I-37 although they're certainly capable blue water sailors. Good luck with your search if you haven't found a boat already. You can go to You Tube and search for Islander 37' sailing Tampa Bay if you would like to see a short clip of "Blue Sky" under sail.

Regards,
Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_1471.jpg (93.1 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook