SailNet Community - View Single Post - best way to mount Aluminium to steel underwater
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: best way to mount Aluminium to steel underwater

I like the look of a sailboat with small decorative white lights under each spreader. They have a little bit of that "look at me" factor, but they serve a great purpose in identifying your boat among a hundred anchor lights at night. I've also seen a light installed under the boom to create a sort of night light, while walking through the cockpit. These seem classier to me than blue stinkpotter hull lights.

I have neither, but I do have the underwater lights installed by the prior owner. They aren't colored for decoration, they are underwater flood lights, which I've used on other boats in the Caribbean. Its like having your own aquarium at night. But up here, they are utterly useless and worry me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook