SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013

unrealreality is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone know anything about Precision Sail Loft?

Update On Precision Sails

I have been saving my loose change for some time to buy a new headsail.

Have seen several ads for Precision Sails over the past couple of months so I decided to give them a call and get a quote.

This is one very strange operation!

Their site says the are open seven days a week. I have tried calling over and over again and no one ever picks up the phone. Finally, I left a message. Later that NIGHT, some dude calls and we start to talk about what I wanted.

The guy really didn't seem to know a whole lot about sails in general and it made me pretty uneasy. I did receive a quote. But they quoted it in a very light weight Dacron.

I went back to the computer and started to take a closer look at the site and noticed several things. First of all, they say they offer a three year warranty. When you search around the site to find details of it, you get a real shocker. It says they warrant absolutely nothing they sell!

Since I live near Seattle, I called an acquaintance in Vancouver where they are "supposedly" located. Their site says their office, loft and "wind tunnels" are there. My friend started to laugh when I asked about them.

He said the company is talk of the town. Said several people including a local sailmaker went to the the address on their site and there is nothing there! No office, no sail loft, no wind tunnell (whatever the heck that is).

That pretty much ended my hope of getting a new genoa this month. Will kepp tossing loose change in the jar.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook