SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are we elitists?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013
Administrator

administrator has disabled reputation
Are we elitists?

Our system sends out reminder notices to people who joined Sailnet but have not visited the site for 90 days.

Today I received this response to one of those reminders...

I removed their name to protect their identity.

Perhaps we should have a welcoming committee because we certainly want to make everyone feel welcome here regardless of their level of knowledge, sailing experience, etc.

I DO NOT think this person is being overly sensitive at all and take his observations very seriously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello,

I am going to take a chance and reply to this reminder. I'm not sure if this is an automated message.

I have left SailNet primarily because not one person welcomed me to the community when I introduced myself. I tried and tried to welcome others who were new and received a few nice responses. However, I found out that the rest of this particular community are not very welcoming to folks who are new nor are they very friendly. It appeared to me that unless you are a liveaboard circumnavigator, you aren't worth the time and effort. That said, I think there is a lot of good information at your site but I just could not continue going to such an unfriendly place.

Regards ~ xxxxx (xxxxxx)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook