SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013

jostalli is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterchech View Post
I bet you joined sailnet just so you could post this. It's OK we all love talking about ourselves and passing judgment on others, that's why THIS THREAD JUST WON'T DIE

Be careful with broad generalizations like this b/c guess who's gonna have to pay for your Medicare and Social Security buddy, even as statistically, over-65 year olds tend to vote for tea partiers who want to take away the very benefits they have themselves received and which the young are currently paying for. The attitude of that generation seems to be "we can't afford it... for everyone younger than me that is. And don't you dare try to raise taxes to help pay for my generous benefits!"

You better hope the millions of young people out there aren't as spoiled as you think, they might start voting that way...
Peter, I think you need to study before getting upset. Some of these aren't broad generalizations. It's just the way generation Y and Millennials are. I'm a Gen X but my wife is Gen Y. I train groups of new hires so I see some of these issues first hand. Watch this video. We have used this company: w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=5qyE3VN6xbA Why Millennials Act Entitled -- Jason Dorsey on CBS Early Show
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook