SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last Boat- Time to look at the end game Cruising Boat
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Last Boat- Time to look at the end game Cruising Boat

I think the Passport 40 (V berth layout) fits your bill with the only serious exception is the forward facing nav table.

There are a variety of layouts, however, we've spent some time on the V berth layout version with the full U shaped dinette, my wife and I used the aft cabin, it was fine. Even has an under-seat 'ensuite' head... Galley is pretty impressive, rock solid under way, skeg, long fin, goes nicely to weather too - surprisingly so I thought.

Either way the one thing you're going to give up/miss when losing the C&C, esp if you don't modify the rudder requirement, is the ability to back into slips and fairways.... IMO that's not a minor issue, esp if stopping at a lot of unfamiliar marinas along the way.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook