SailNet Community - View Single Post - Last Boat- Time to look at the end game Cruising Boat
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: Last Boat- Time to look at the end game Cruising Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingNwing View Post
My dock neighbor is selling his passport 40 that seems to meet many of your criteria and is comfortably in your price point: 1989 Passport 40 AC Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com He's generally cared for the boat well, selling due to health issues.

if you look closely at one of the pix of the boat in its slip, you'll see us next door under the shrink wrap
Interesting, that listing is the same layout as the one we've been on, except the engine sits higher in the boat.. hence the large engine box/table that makes the dinette an "L" rather than a "U". The Perkins on our friends' sits low enough to be under the dinette seat - I'm guessing engine access is better here.

This listing is also missing the 'eyebrow trim' on the cabin top - that's a plus (difficult to keep looking nice) The only other thing I generally don't like is the tiled countertops, but the rest looks pretty nice. You could do a lot worse, Dave...

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook