SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bose 151 Speakers... Opinions
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Re: Bose 151 Speakers... Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC View Post
A little off topic. I like music and I like good sound. I was about to rig a wired sound system into my boat and paused and decided to take a reluctant step into the 21st century. I got a boom box type thing from Creative (not the old style boom box - no radio, just speakers) that has blue tooth. Mine runs on 4 double A batteries and can also plug in to boat elec. In the cabin, it sits on a shelf and sounds great. I can bring it out to the cockpit, or cabin top (lashed, if necessary). The blue tooth allows me, or any visitor, to connect wirelessly from anywhere on the boat, play off stored songs or off Pandora through cell phone. You can control it, obviously, from wherever you have your cell phone or other mp3 player. Can be taken to the beach, etc. It has worked out real well. A lot of flexibility. I know there is sacrifice in sound quality using mp3 to blue tooth, but I think when outdoors, the speakers are more important than the source.
OMG get rid of the Dinosaur saddle that is Pandora and come in to the 21st century.

One word SPOTIFY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you like music there is simply nothing better.it is basically iTunes with unlimited music at your finger tips to play when you want, how often you want and when you want. You can create playlists or even see your friends playlists and play them.. Yes it costs a little money but is sooooooooooo worth it.. Listening to a guys bluegrass playlist right now that has not had a bad song in over an hour.... I could NEVER afford to have the MILLIONS of CD's or downloads available on Spotify, never...

It is exactly the music re-play system I would have designed, had I been that smart...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 01-16-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook