SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are we elitists?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Are we elitists?

When I'm around, I try to check in on the intros, look for the 0 replies posts, and say hello. In fact, I've been labelled a "Walmart Greeter" by certain pompous chuckleheads in the past for doing so. I thought that was pretty funny, of course. Jealousy is always funny.

Anyway, saying hello is a great thing to do if you've got the time to hit those threads. Sometimes I've got the time, sometimes I don't.

BUT - to get bent because someone doesn't post on your intro thread when it's typically one of many on any given day is a little tender. I mean c'mon.

I say harden up, hit the sailing threads, and state your opinion - WHATEVER it may be. SN is a DISCUSSION forum. I don't think anyone should ever feel the need to stay quiet because they think they don't have enough experience or knowledge to post. Just say what you think. You'll probably learn something. I do.

Okay, time to put on my little blue vest and go say hello. I mean - even pompous chuckleheads have learned (the hard way) that new members are the lifeblood of any forum. You should treat them as such, right?

Heh-heh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook