SailNet Community - View Single Post - Easy First Boat Plans
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013
The Sea Angel

bwalker42 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Easy First Boat Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmazour View Post
I built a small sailing dinghy about 10 years ago it was a fun and satisfying project. The actual plan I used was shortend/modified version of this Georgia Jeanne. My local library has his book. You might want to see if your local library has it or can get it for you on loan.

I sailed it about three times turned around and bought an S2 7.3 then used it solely as tender and beer runner in the marina.

I plan on building an Herreshoff 12-1/2.
Thanks,
she's a beauty, the Georgia Jeanne! Sounds like you've been having fun! I will no doubt graduate up to something like that in my boat building career. I think for my first build, I'm going to go with the simpler 3 piece for now. Plus I can stick it in the trunk, kids in the back seat, and off to the water we go!!
I plan to make mine slightly larger than the plans say, and add sail design.

I thought it would make a great project for younger people, and newbies as well, as it seems simple enough. Great for boat hopping, exploring, and stores reasonably easy.
In exploring, you can use it as a picnic table too!!
Now that's what I call "all inclusive"

ps love the herreshoff**
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...9QEwAQ&dur=187

Last edited by bwalker42; 01-16-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook