SailNet Community - View Single Post - No Sea Trial
Thread: No Sea Trial
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013

youmeandthed is on a distinguished road
Re: No Sea Trial

Ok, first off a broker works for themselves. They are happy when boats sell and they get referrals. Not many people leave a good boat deal with both sides feeling happy, but if after a while when the emotions subside, the two parties are enjoying the rewards of the trade, life is good.

When I sold my previous boat, it got old dealing with tire kickers. So when I bought my next boat i went in with a feeler email to see how motivated the seller was, then I low balled and put few restrictions (no survey or test sail) on the purchase agreement. I just asked for the boat to start and that it floated and that everything listed in the ad was there.

Do your research, and if you want to buy it, enter the negotiations well equipped with what the boat is worth and put pressure on the seller. Believe me, the market puts a lot of pressure on them anyways.

But the owner in this case owns the boat, she can do what ever she wants with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook