SailNet Community - View Single Post - Islander 37 info?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013
Laugther is Good Medicine

HighFly_27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to HighFly_27 Send a message via MSN to HighFly_27
Re: Islander 37 info?

Gary,

I have another post that was just posted about the -- Tradewind 32. No One has said a thing. I'm guessing, this Tradewind is Not connected to the Tradewind from the UK. I was told by the seller, this was 1 of 7 boats made. The Tradewind 32 was made in Long Beach, CA in 1971. This is the time period that a lot of change was going on with various boat manufactors in that area. I'm guessing that it's one of the Company's that was trying to make it but just a wild guess. I posted all the data on the boat - LOA - 31' 6", Beam - 9' 10", Draft 5' 10", weight 14,000 < I think I have them right. I spent 5 hours searching all thge 31 & 32 sized boats and nothing came up that matched the T 32 spec's., so Go Re-Figure. I thought that Islander or a spin off company had their hand in this T 32 but sizes do not match. The seller told me that this T 32 was Custom Built and I think he was Right. It had top of the line gear in it for the 70'a. had Oven/ Burner range, 2 tub sinks, was really nice in (1971) it's day. However, the head liner is gone and some of the wood is stained from water. The one good thing, was not exposed to water damage other then some isolated leakage and does not smell inside.

I will try to send you some pic's of my I 37 to your email address that you (may) provide to me, it will be a lot easier. My email address will be a open channel between us >> -- arbakerjr at hotmail dot com.

I'm in the process of having a 46 W X 84 H X 20 building going in to work on my boats and other stuff. Yes, all my stuff is Old (like me @ 64) but worth my effort's (I hope so).

My Islander 37 MS is a little different than yours with the M S Set Up. It's been taken care of... most of it's a life. The Perkins with B & W Velvet Drive was just redone, has new thru hull fittings, 5 new batt's., electrial wiring. All in all... , about $ 20K in last 3 years by previous owner. Also, had A/C & Heat Sys. Up Grades (23 K Cool/ 18K heat), with new thermostat. I see that most of the I 37's windows (I've seen) have leaked over time, my inside wood is stained. They were fixed five years ago but the stain remains in the wood. I need to spend about -- $10 to $ 20 K to have my boat in A OK Shape. I'd like to start sailing in May. I'd be ready to sail for about $ 4K. I must have -- new rudder, patching a small 4 x 4 inch hole (high in stern) and need two anchors, chain, line & did not come with boat. The other $ 16 K goes in -- Electronics (mostly good used } Nav./ GPS {combo pack ?}, auto pilot ?). I need a boat radio & hand held, new paint top & bottom, some (small)interior replacement wood, some up-grades to rigging, emer. gear. I have priced everything out and fairly close to the $ 15 to 20 K mark and No Used Junk. I don't want to be upside down in the boat with a $ 25/ 30 K boat and $ 35 K more in it.

Take care,

Avery
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook