SailNet Community - View Single Post - Furler recommendation?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Furler recommendation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I thought of something else before hitting the sack here......11pm on the left coast of NA.....how is tomorrow shaping up?...........the luff has twin grooves does it not? no use having a removable drum with out the ability to draft the new with old sail going up and down etc!

Now that I am rereading, I believe I have heard of Furlex, but not as popular as harken or lewar among other furlers local. Profurl may have some sales.......I have a feeling, you and I would go after the same basic what we want out of a furler......one of these days I may get one..........

Marty
G'day Marty. It's morning here - it'll be 30degC today but that's cooler than the 41 we had yesterday.. and as dry as a pizza oven. It's so dry here at the minute you don't actually sweat outside - it instantly evaporates off your skin - so keeping both cool and hydrated is a challenge.

Twin foils = check. Split drum = check. Internal rigging screw = (optional) check... $$$ = check.

Yep, they're not as popular as Harken (the Racers' Choice), Lewmar or even Profurl, maybe 'cause they're French - but I know a couple of people using them and nobody here (or anyone else I know) had anything particularly bad to say about them, so I figure they must be ok... right?

I've never really taken much notice of what various different furlers people are using - although you can spot the Black Harken a mile away. Having had a Furlex pointed out to me recently the conversation went more like: "Oh.. One of those! Riiiight.."