SailNet Community - View Single Post - Greece Bareboat - Need recommendations on regions and charter companies
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013

Pelham is on a distinguished road
Greece Bareboat - Need recommendations on regions and charter companies

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice/opinions on the best areas of Greece to bareboat charter in late May. I have an experienced crew looking to charter for around 10-12 days.

Open water sailing and spirited conditions are fine but may be a little exciting for some of the crew who'd prefer at least a few shorter days with easy sailing built in as well.

We prefer scenery, history and local culture over modern night life and if we found a place to fit in some SCUBA as well that'd be terrific.

With that description, any suggestions on which areas to look at? Late May seems like a good shoulder season to me, but do you agree?

Recommendations for reliable charter companies would be great as well. I've had good luck with "2nd tier" charters in the Caribbean as I don't expect pristine boats (my boat isn't at home!) but do want reliable, safe boats and equipment with good customer service if there are problems.

Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook