SailNet Community - View Single Post - Black or off coloured Yachts? Opinions......,
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Black or off coloured Yachts? Opinions......,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsody-NS27 View Post
My boat is going to need a new bottom job soon but during a refit I'm planning in a few years, I'm looking at changing the colors.

I found this Cape Dory that's up for sale and I really like the color. I'm looking at doing the same thing, Red topside with black bottom but the waterline, I'm thinking, to be bright yellow.

I'm also looking at refinishing the mast to a bright yellow too to match the waterline.

See current color in my blog in the signature below.
I like the red/black. The yellow boot stripe would be too much for me, but you should do what you like.

While I love the look of a painted mast, I will never paint mine. If scratched, it can encourage corrosion that would have never occurred bare. I also find they are the first to look like they need to be repainted. A yellow spar would certainly stand out, just not sure if that's good or not.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook