SailNet Community - View Single Post - Toronto International Boat Show
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Re: Toronto International Boat Show

Sorry I missed the meet 'n' greet - ended up going to dinner with some folks from my marina.

I did get back to the show yesterday. I had been there on Tuesday and wished I was able to do my browsing then - far fewer people! I went with my Dad and, at the last minute my Mom decided to come along. (they're both early 80's). The walking was a bit much for them so I didn't get a chance to see everything I wanted to.

I did buy a new depth sounder (Raymarine ST-40). With the lake levels dropping as they have I will need one that doesn't keep cutting out at depths shallower than 30'.

I paid for a spinnaker ring for my mast (Isomat). I'll have to go pick it up, along with some other stuff, from Holland Marine.

Replaced my rigging knife (rusty stainless one - although it has the neat feature of glowing in the dark) with a new Gill one:

I also grabbed, along with what seemed to be everyone else, a new boat hook to replace the one I sacrificed to Neptune in the summer.

My dad bought a Topaz Uno for my nephews. Looks like it should be a blast!

I went back to show yesterday with my wife. Crowded. Picked up a few odds and ends then went to dinner.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook