SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for blog posts by/about new liveaboards, or those about to move aboard
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Looking for blog posts by/about new liveaboards, or those about to move aboard

If you've recently moved aboard, or are just in the process, and have blogged about it ... we'd like to read it and promote it for this new project. Maybe a future article, but for now, the goal is simply to help others who considering making the leap. Submissions here, or contact me by PM:

The Monkey's Fist: Collecting Cruisers' Perspectives: Moving Aboard Transitions

If you haven't written anything yet but are interested, here are some questions to trigger your thinking:
Why did you decide to try living aboard? Why now?
What's your long-term goal for living aboard? (as in, are you planning to cruise somewhere? just hang out in a marina and save money for a year or two? something else? and how long do you think you'll live aboard?)
How long have you been planning or preparing to move aboard? What's your target move-aboard date if you're still in the process; or when did you move aboard if you're already there?
Who have you told about this dream? And what kind of response have you gotten?
What has been your biggest challenge so far?
What are you most looking forward to?
What was your biggest fear about what you were getting into? What actually happened? Was it as bad as you feared?
What kind of land ties do you expect to retain?
Has it changed you? Do you feel different from your land-based friends?
Anything else you want to share that I haven't asked?
(and of course, "the basics" - something about the boat if you have one yet, where you are, a vague description of your age, like thirty-something or late 50s, etc)

Also planning a future topic on "Things You Learned from Your First Cruise"

THANX!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook