SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard in Seattle or Puget sound area?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013
always busy with sailing

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboard in Seattle or Puget sound area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomexi View Post
I've was born and raised in Seattle so I know what the weather is like there. How many poeple out there enjoy living aboard there? How is sailing the 9 months of the year its raining? I love the puget sound but I also want to liveaboard and cruise as much as I can. Any thoughts or comments?
It's not like it rains here every minute of the 9 rainy months. Yesterday's Goose Bumps race on Lake Union took place in bright sun, light winds, and mid 40s. It was great.

My slip mate at Shilshole went cruising every weekend of this fall up until mid December and seemed to be enjoying himself.

I do go sailing more often in the summer, but a lot of that comes down to the long days (it's easy to sail after work when you have twilight until 10pm), not only the warmer weather.

I'm not a live aboard, so I can't comment on doing that year round here. However I have enjoyed sailing year round here.