SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard in Seattle or Puget sound area?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboard in Seattle or Puget sound area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomexi View Post
Guitarguy56...Have you ever lived aboard your boat somewhere other than the puget sound. Would you live somewhere else of you could?
I'm actually from Savannah, Georgia up here temporary assignment to Boeing, I bought the sailboat out of boredom and decided to live aboard and give up the apartment... best thing I ever did... I have a home in Savannah with the wifey and kids (in college), so the idea was to get my 'sea legs' again by sailing up here (used to live here prior 18+ years ago and had a sailboat) during my stay... so far it's been great, the sailboat is top notch and when the assignment ends I'll trailer the boat to Savannah and hand it over to my son... in the mean time my wife and I have an eye out for a Benetau 321 or Jenneau 42/44... looking for a model in the 2005-2010 years... fairly new without much work with replacing parts and the boat would already have gotten the bugs out of her...

Right now the live aboard situation is going great... quiet, safe, low cost, simple life means I have more time on my hands to play guitar and the occasional piano when I come across one!

Nick

Last edited by guitarguy56; 01-21-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook