SailNet Community - View Single Post - I am 26, and seriously considering moving aboard with my girlfriend. Any advice?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: I am 26, and seriously considering moving aboard with my girlfriend. Any advice?

I'd like to add another point... diesel heat.

I spend time on the boat on weekends in the winter, doing cleaning, repairs, upgrades, whatever. I find myself wishing for a diesel heater. I think if I lived aboard, I'd definitely get one. And it would be the kind that sucks in flue-warmed air through an extra tube-in-the-flue, then exhaust goes out the normal part of the flue. Then there's no moisture build-up from exhaust gasses going into the boat.

Interior heat slowly pumps moisture - from cooking, showering, breathing, etc. -- out of the boat. (The warmed air absorbes extra moisture, and as that warmed air flows out a vent or cowling, out goes the moisture.)

Being cozy and warm has a lot of value. And women seems especially fond of it.

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook