View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013
Rogue Musician

TheTardis is on a distinguished road
Re: Winter Moisture Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysails View Post
FWIW

After reading this thread my wife and I pained over the solution of Hypervent or Froli. We thought that we might as well kill two birds with one stone and went with the Froli. Solve ventilation and comfort.
Huh, I'm not at all familiar with this product. Looks interesting. Please keep me updated on how it works out for you!

It's been a little while since I have posted on this thread, so FWIW, here is an update of TARDIS:

Now that the temps have dropped, I haven't been working as much as I would like on her. But I have been slowly removing ALL deck hardware and re-bedding with butyl tape. I have been dealing with a persistent leak in the v-berth. This one is a big concern for me as it is where I will sleep! I have re-bedded ALL of the deck hardware on the bow, including pulpit, toe rails, and spinnaker chock. The v-berth was dry after one rain, but last week we had three days of rain and now there is water again! Not as much, but still! Another leak I CAN NOT solve is in the main cabin. There is a lip that the backrests for my settees attach to. (you can see this in my gallery) What is happening is water is dripping from the screws that attach the back rests to this lip. I have re-bedded a toe rail in that area and stanchions.

Still on my to do list for winter projects is installing shore power, remove the captain's chair that is taking up EVERY inch of space in my little cockpit, and remove the Edson pedestal and wheel and install a traditional tiller.

Lots to keep me outta trouble
'78 Pearson 30, #1099
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook