SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...

Well, I will share one of our biggest surprises (or two). I welcome others to share theirs!

First, we have two kids on board. Of course, we have been harping about water usage for years, but it seems it has finally settled in: we can now go (very conservatively) for about two weeks on 130g of water. If we don't conserve, we are down to about 10 days. This includes showers every day and at least one clothes washing.

On the other hand, we are killing the paper towels. They seem to be our nemesis. We have been switching over to more traditional towels for cleaning and other uses, but paper towels are probably our biggest issue.

Another item we are having trouble balancing is bread. For something that costs a buck at the store, it sure does come as a luxury about your second week on the hook! Our workaround for that is tortillas which last a surprisingly long time and keep well. But you can't exactly store enough bread to last a month, so we are looking for some good recipes to make it.

What have others been surprised with? What is your nemesis?? What was your workaround?

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook