SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are your other passions?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: What are your other passions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Nick, you had a good mix of hobby and career. I wish I were not tone dead. I don't mind to have yours. My son recently graduated in Aerospace and works in Sikorsky now in CT.

However, if I could do it over, I would be a fireman. I can be called Hero and but yet I sitting at the firehouse 90% of time. Best of all, I can be retired at 45 and get paid the rest of my life. You can beat this deal.
rockDAWG... Thanks!!!

Yes music is my passion and it has shown up in my daughter and son... she playing piano since 3 years of age and did her first piano recital at University of Washington at age 6... my son is a classical trained first chair trombonist in three concert orchestras in Savannah... he is musically gifted with 'perfect pitch', he will be getting my sailboat here in Seattle when my assignment ends... my wife is a violin player and a Elementary school Special Education teacher in Savannah, GA.

Aerospace has been very good to me but it's just a job and although I'm good at it as I'm sure many others are... it is not where I thrive... I recently came back from China and had the opportunity to enlist at the Shanghai music conservatory and after being there 5 months became more the reason I wished I made music my lifelong career instead of engineering... but se-la-vie... we all need to live on with the choices we've made... glad your son is doing well, he has a rewarding career ahead of him, many challenges... Sikorsky at West Palm Beach, Florida is where I worked along with Pratt & Whitney (UTC Corporation) right out of FSU (1978)...

I know many firemen and policemen and they all love their jobs... I give them many kudos for the work they do and put their lives on the line for us! ++++1

Nick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook