SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Re: Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...

Quote:
Originally Posted by remetau View Post
Brian,

First off, stop using so many paper towels. Use rags and sponges instead.

We found that bread was easy to get, but not always cheap. I don't mind spending the extra cash on local foods though. We also use the tortillas a lot more.

Beer was a bigger issue, but I found that good rum is an easy replacement.

Now that we are vegans (for this year anyway), who knows that the provision problems will be. I would hope it would be easier, but last time we were in the Bahamas, the fresh fruits and vegetables were scarce and on their last legs.
Who said it was ME using the paper towels!!?? You met my boys! (snicker). Truth is that I am as bad as they are... almost. We use the towels too. It is a hard transition though.

Anothe big surprise was the amount of trash we accumulate as cruisers. Yikes!!

I will say this, cruising sure give you a new perspective on your Footprint you leave on the planet... the water you use, the food you consume, the waste water, the trash, etc. Am I te only one that goes to a land-based toilet and flushes and thinks, "Wow! I'd be out of water in a few days if I had to use that thing!"

So you two went Vegan? Good for you. I tried the whole vegetarian thing once and didnt last very long. Problem is I am a sucky fisherman!

We will be stopping off in Manatee (Emerson Pt) in next week or two. The plan is the weekend after next. You wanna come? Lotsa cruisers going... February 1st... put it on your calendar!!

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook