SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013

remetau is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruiser's Biggest Provisioning Surprises...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
Who said it was ME using the paper towels!!?? You met my boys! (snicker). Truth is that I am as bad as they are... almost. We use the towels too. It is a hard transition though.

Anothe big surprise was the amount of trash we accumulate as cruisers. Yikes!!

I will say this, cruising sure give you a new perspective on your Footprint you leave on the planet... the water you use, the food you consume, the waste water, the trash, etc. Am I te only one that goes to a land-based toilet and flushes and thinks, "Wow! I'd be out of water in a few days if I had to use that thing!"

So you two went Vegan? Good for you. I tried the whole vegetarian thing once and didnt last very long. Problem is I am a sucky fisherman!

We will be stopping off in Manatee (Emerson Pt) in next week or two. The plan is the weekend after next. You wanna come? Lotsa cruisers going... February 1st... put it on your calendar!!

Brian
Yeah, I get the trash thing. It takes a bit of conscious thinking to think about it ahead of time, but I feel that it is well worth the effort.

We were once vegetarians for a year and decided to try vegan for 6 weeks this year, but we may stay with it or at least mostly vegan and vegetarian.

I'll try to remember about the Feb 1st. We have been wanting to get away from the dock, but have had too many friends visiting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook