SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboards in Annapolis
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013
Rogue Musician

TheTardis is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboards in Annapolis

If you a seriously considering Baltimore as on option, there are many nice liveaboard friendly marinas. Depending on what creature comforts you want, there are options in many price ranges. I just recently went through the same process to find a marina that allowed liveaboards, since the marina my boat is currently at isn't allowing any new liveaboards.
I'm moving to Henderson's wharf marina. I liked the location and the price. No fancy club house, but they have wifi, free cable, secured parking, newly remodeled bathhouse with washer/dryer, mailboxes on site, great location in Fell's Point, and very laid back, friendly people. Oh, and electric is included in your slip fee..no matter now many heaters you run ;-)

Many people like Baltimore Marine Centers. Baltimore Marine Centers > Home because they have several locations and offer everything from a floating tiki bar to a pool and gym. But they are much more expensive.

As far as the commute to DC goes, if you only need to work Mon - Fri, many people take the MARC train. It is fast and affordable. You could take the free bus to Penn station and then grab the MARC.

Just an option to think about.
'78 Pearson 30, #1099
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook