SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are your other passions?
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013

TomMaine is on a distinguished road
Re: What are your other passions?

Our kids are probably our biggest passion. Even as they're leaving home, that doesn't slow down(they're home right now from college).

After a lifetime of skiing, I took up snowboarding at 54(and joined my wife already snowboarding). That's put the excitement back in getting on the mountain. Our kids do as well.
Winter is a great season to if you're active outdoors.

We're passionate about traveling and do as much as we can. Photography is a passion, so is writing these days(good to hear others enjoy it). I love the creative process it forces me into. Writing is a lot like my work, design/building(I have a passion for that as well). It starts easily enough and then it gets harder. But if you get through it, it's very rewarding to come up with something that you and sometimes others, appreciate.

There's only so much time for sailing in our lives and the balance here in Maine seems just perfect. I'm on the water edge every day even in winter so sailing is a part of the off season here. Boats are being built all around me here.

This area of coastal Maine is such a potent mix of what it is I love about sailing, boats, the coast, that our season is quite a feast.

'I'd have written a shorter post, but I didn't have the time', Mark Twain.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook