forums  store  

View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013   #6
Gary M

Gary M is on a distinguished road
Re: S2 9.2A questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIvories View Post
A follow up to this. I wrote that the boat came with 150 and 110 headsails. But it's a 150 and 135. My question is, does furling a 135 Genoa work as well as a smaller sail like a 100? Should I have a smaller sail ready for weather like that?
I am one of the few who does not care for furling but those that do have them often change out to a smaller head sail, quite often at the dock if they are going out in heavier air, so I would definitely have a 100%. A properly cut 135 should work reasonably well when furled slightly, guess you will just have to try it.
I have an S2 9.1, not the same boat but some similarities. I play the traveller all the time when sailing in gusty conditions which combined with a properly sized head sail keeps the boat "on her feet". I do not think the 9.2 is particularly tender.
Gary M is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook