SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beneteau 351??
Thread: Beneteau 351??
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013
Badger Sailor

MSN2Travelers is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Beneteau 351??

There is nothing that you are doing wrong. When you have placed the insert filler cushions, they are pretty level with the leading edge of the seat cushions. It just doesn't form a smooth, flat sleeping surface.

We have a couple throw-pillows aboard that we use to fill the low areas. This berth space is seldom used. When it is, the sleeper is usually so tired that they're happy to be anywhere that is kinda soft.

As a side note . . . I'm pretty sure that table design was introduced with the Beneteau Oceanis 352 model in 1997. I know the 351 salon table was supported with an additional two legs under the table. The 352 table design had to be supported by the lower compartments. The "knee" egde of the seat cushions does match the height of the filler cushions. The problem is the "butt" position of the seat cushion slopes downward.

The 351 was replaced by the 352 in `97 and was replaced by the 361 after the `99 model year. Mine was one of the last off the line as the 361 model started production. If given a choice, avoid any 351/352 powered by a Perkins diesel.
`99 Beneteau Oceanis 352, #282 WiTCHCRAFT
Milwaukee, WI
Sailing Lake Michigan and the Great Lakes

Last edited by MSN2Travelers; 01-24-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook