SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 01-24-2013
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Who from SailNet would you most like to meet in person?

Good question.

I have met over 50 or 60 already and talked to numerous others on the phone, We are lucky in the Chesapeake as we have a really active group and get together a lot over the year including having an annual Rondevous. So I hope to meet most in my region sooner or later. I got to meet Mainesail (my idol) Chuckles and David PM in October who i followed over the years. Jeff H is a really cool guy too.

I am hoping to meet some of my LI brethern on my trips up north. Like Caleb, Tempest, Rob Gallagher, and Bene ( We have talked though)..

I am going to put down the following names as I think they will be more difficult to meet becasue of geographics.

BLjones- knwledgeable,we got off on the wrong foot, seems like a good guy
Sequitar- not just his voyage, but he loves and knows his food
Faster- so evenhanded
JonEisenberg- knowledge and is usually even handed for an old salt
PCP- I goota know what makes him tick and hes very knowledgeable
CarlieCobra- boat building knowledge
Cruisingdad- need BBQ tips and need to show him how to use a knife
Jameswilson- like his stories and to argue politics
JRD22- love his boat
BLTski- seems like a good guy
Minniewaska- we but heads but over margarittas would have a good time
Hellosailor- have always enjoyed his posts
Melra- cause you seem neat...and can put up with gary
Jackdale- to discuss politics
PBeezer to argue politics
Killary-sailor- his stories have to be great
Cupper- to discuss politics
Marcel- Just because
LT Goshen- Just because
Medsailor-to just talk life as I like his life philosphy
Hillnme- good guy

There are so many geeze. I feel lucky and blessed to have met so many, and when i comes down to it many of us share the love of the sea and boats. I have come to the conclusion that after looking at my PB friends who are nice, and just love to party, the sailors really all have opinions ( strong ones too). I think that comes from not just anyone who wants to sail can and just do it. You have to have knowledge and like a challenge. With that comes a personality mind set which is semi type A or strongly type A and opinionated. Id rather have that than a bunch of dead heads.

This is my only reason for being on Sailnet really to gain knowledge, the commradierie, and I believe in paying it back to get others interested. A family ( kids/ couples) that sails together, spends time togther on a small boat out in nature gets a special bond. I am glad sailnet exists as it makes it easier to meet similar "sailing" people.

I hope I someday get to meet the people on my list and have left many others off

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 01-24-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome