SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1990 38' Jeanneau 1100 Espace, wanting to take the plunge?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013

mandomexi is on a distinguished road
Re: 1990 38' Jeanneau 1100 Espace, wanting to take the plunge?

Well I get that aesthetics is subjective..."One man's trash is another man's treasure" (it kinda works ;P). I think it has nice lines that make it looks like its moving while just sitting there.

Placeing my feelings aside. I'm looking for something that I can someday take to the Caribbean, and then to the mediterranean. From what I've read she is right around the smallest boat you want to take across the ocean. Obviously you can take smaller but for a "comfortable" ride you want something over 37'. Again this is only what I've read and been told.

So that being said she doesn't even come close to being ready to do that. At least thats what I think, in that there no solar panels, no windgenerator, no life raft, not really sure what the heating situation is, no BBQ...what I'm saying is there is still alot of money I'll need to bleed out to get her where I need her to be.

I don't plan a offering full asking price but thats still not going to cover all the additional cost for what I want to do. That, coupled with the all the boat out there that are already better equiped makes me hesitate and contemplate jumping up in price range and getting a boat thats already out fitted and ready to go.

On the flip side getting a boat that isn't out fitted would allow me to do it the way I want to. I'm just not sure if that out wieghs the cost?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook