SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ganges Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013

hangupndrive is on a distinguished road
Re: Ganges Suggestions

I'll provide an update to this post. The year I made the original inquiry, we ended up trying Saltspring Marina. I can't say enough to discourage cruisers from visiting this marina. The docks were rough and some of the boats in permanent moorage were outright eyesores. We were instructed to tie up on the right side of the marina (as you're looking toward the shore from the water). Hastings House is on the hill above this spot. Miserable is an appropriate description of our 2 night stay. We always hope for peaceful evenings when we cruise. The Camaro Rock blaring from Moby's went on till the wee hours of the morning. A to the showers in the evening was scary for my wife and children (then 6 and 9) due to the trashy outflow from Moby's. This is saying something as we are street-wise city folk.

Of the two marinas that take advance reservations, absolutely choose Ganges Marina over Saltspring. There are places in downtown Ganges that play music such as the delightful Tree House Cafe and the good intentioned Oyster Catcher. Music is always done by a respectful 11pm.

Doug Powers
S/V Totoro
C&C 30 MkII
Seattle
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook