SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lazy Jacks and regulators
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006

Alchemist909 is on a distinguished road
Camaraderie is sort-of correct in that traditional lazyjacks can catch the headboard or the battens when you are trying to hoist the main. However, the EZJax system mentioned above is the slickest thing since sliced bread.

I installed a set of these nifty lazyjacks on my C-320 about three years ago as a replacement to the two year old Dutchman system, and I wouldn't consider going back (BTW, If you want it, my two year old, almost unused Dutchman system is available cheap).

The primary advantage of the EZJax system over the standard Lazyjack arrangement is that the lines are held along the boom and the mast until just before you want to douse the sail, and then they are deployed, either from the mast or (optionally) from the cockpit vs being continuously deployed with the more traditional systems.

Another vendor of a similar system to the EZJax is called Jiffyjax (http://www.jiffyjax.com/), but I haven't actually seen this system.

Would I buy them again knowing what you have learned from three years of use? Yes, I would.

Steve
Alchemist
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook