SailNet Community - View Single Post - 1990 38' Jeanneau 1100 Espace, wanting to take the plunge?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Re: 1990 38' Jeanneau 1100 Espace, wanting to take the plunge?

I was on one of these last summer, do not recall if it was THIS model or one of the other sized espace's from that era. For e frankly, a bit cut up interior wise. Hard to get around.
The wood work is very much like my 85 jeanneau Arcadia, still very solid etc at this time. Easy to pull apart per say and work with.

An "ISSUE" that seems to plaque a lot of boats from this time period, is the foam backed vinyl hull/ceiling liner. The foam rots, so you may/will need to replace it sooner than later. There is a thread or two at this site, or you can see my fun HERE
With a 5.5' draft, my swag is that is a shoal draft version vs a deep keel one.
Espace 1100 Sailboat JEANNEAU shipyard, boatbuilder for sailing : sailboat, dinghy, powerboat racing boat cruising fishing yachting
that last link will get you to Jeanneau's main site, along with some info and an owners manual.
Then go to http://jeanneau.tripod.com/ if you want to paruse some other info on Jeanneau also.

As far as "IF" this is the right boat, I think the one persons treasure, is another persons junk is a good way to put it. I have enjoyed my boat, the people that have the Espace that were moored across from me have enjoyed there boat. I have to admit, I did not like the feel of this cabin setup personally. Only you will know if you like it, could be worth the 3 hr trip to portland to check it out if you think this style of boat would work for you.

marty