SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fernando de Naronha Brasil
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Fernando de Naronha Brasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by copacabana View Post
Dstpol, I can't find a straight answer from one source on fees, but it seems that foreigners have to pay an environmental tax (TPA) of 130 Reais (60USD) valid for 10 days. Elsewhere I see another (newer?) fee of 40 Reais per head per day (just under 20USD). If I can find a reliable source with the data you need I will post the link. Have you tried contacting the Brazilian consulate or the state of Pernambuco tourism office directly? The latter should have the answer at their fingertips.
It seems that the tax for head is now R$ 45,60. Besides the additional 130 reais for 10 days (if that value was not also increased in 5.5%) it seems that you have to pay also a tax for anchoring, for day. For a small 5m boat is R$ 45,60. I imagine that a cruising boat will pay several times more.

Taxa de Preservação em Fernando de Noronha sobe para R$ 45,60 - Jornal do Commercio

I guess that instead of ruling the environmental impact with sensible demands (like paid fixed buoys, mandatory black water tanks, restricted number of cruising boats) they are just running cruising boats out with very expensive prices while they continue to allow mass tourism in cruise ships (600 persons allowed for boat).

Regards

Paulo
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook