SailNet Community - View Single Post - C&C 37R Info
Thread: C&C 37R Info
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Re: C&C 37R Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSpartacus View Post
Faster
I did notice that her cockpit was a bit small but the interior is fit for living abroad. She has a 43Gal Fresh water Tank & a 30 Gal holding tank.
We have about the same water capacity, we do extensive coastal cruising and can go nearly a week if we're careful (one couple) - in an area where replenishment is not readily available I think that's a pretty minimal amount. Not sure how easily water capacity could be added to those boats.. perhaps there's space under the V berth, but with the use of so many liners I expect adding tankage could be an issue.

We also have a smallish cockpit but for the two of us it's not an issue. The plus of the C&C 37r/+/37/40 is the rapid draining of the open transom. IIRC the cockpit has a high bridge deck, but no seats long enough for comfortable lounging.. and remember most cruisers spend the majority of their time aboard on the hook or otherwise 'parked'....

Our former marina neighbours have just this past fall gone down to Mexico in a C&C 115.. word is they've made it OK, did experience a good blow and got through that and they were not particularly experienced sailors, but 30-40 knots is generally more than a handful regardless of the boat. These are powered up boats and you'd of course be severely reefed by then.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook