SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: What do you do on a rainy day in paradise?

Today is an overcast, damp, humid, nasty day here in Paradise (Marathon, Florida). Since I've already fixed all the leaks, repaired just about everything that I can repair, I think I'll just take a walk before the rains hit and pretty much do nothing. Doing nothing is a neat thing to do, especially when you're down here in the sub-tropics. I can sit out on the deck and watch the young ladies walk down the dock, might even take a nap, which is also considered an activity while liging in Paradise.

Last night, I played music and sang to about 150 to 175 people that are also in what is known as the temporary mode down here. Some will spend the entire winter here, while others will just spend a couple weeks to a month or more in the temporary mode, time spent here before heading to another island, mainly the Bahamas. There were several other musicians here, all of which got a chance to perform for the same audience. It was a fun evening, and here in Paradise, it's something that takes place every Saturday night (weather permitting). Keep in mind that nearly all activities take place outdoors, so weather is a big determining factor.

Cheers from an old man currently living in Paradise,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook