SailNet Community - View Single Post - Prolly time for me to introduce myself...
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013
Senior Smart Aleck

jameswilson29 is on a distinguished road
Prolly time for me to introduce myself...

After 1,000 posts and one near banning, it is probably time that I take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I like sailing. In fact, I may have a sailing problem. It has been an obsession of mine since my youth, when my father unwittingly introduced his family to the new MacGregor Venture 24 he foolishly bought during a midlife crises. He pulled his eldest son (me) out of his regularly-scheduled third grade classes in order to take him sailing on the Potomac River out of Fort Washington marina. Eager to miss school, I instantly fell in love with sailing and sailboats and have been smitten every since. I even love the smell of fiberglass resin (in the morning). Only in moderation.

For the past 42 years, intermittently, I have sailed, I have raced, I have cruised, I have repaired, and now I have wasted countless hours on a sailing forum.

Don't ignore me or act all elitist and shitzel. I need to be warmly welcomed and reassured that you are all salt of the earth, just like me, or I might quit by firing off one-last-tell-everyone-off and/or crybaby criticism of this forum.

Last edited by jameswilson29; 01-27-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook