Originally Posted by stopher2
DIY concept for PROPANE driven Hookah diving compressor.
I am thinking that a DIY concept for a Hookah diving compressor might be interesting for cruisers.
A couple of initial ideas:
1. gasoline pancake oiless compressor with 2 tanks. 150psi
2. propane conversion kit for above compressor (another one for the dingy outboard)
3. ingress air filter and distance hose (to ensure you don't get any CO into the lines)
4. egress air filter (to ensure you don't get any oils or particles out of the tank)
5. lowes air line spliced with regulator (1st stage=150psi)
6. normal diving regulator.
thats cheaping it out at about $600 all said. I like the aluminum double tanks.
plus you get compressed air onboard for pneumatic tools ! ALL OPERATED ON PROPANE
Interesting. Why propane and not leave it running on gas?